What is work permit?
Work permit is providing the opportunity for non-EU individuals to work for a Bulgarian company or to be sent or seconded to a Bulgarian company under a service agreement between the sending and the receiving company. The work permit gives you option to work and reside in Bulgaria for initial period of 1 year (subject to extension for another 12 months).
Who can obtain Work permit?
In order to meet the Work permit conditions you need:
(1) to have at least high school education, working experience and specific skills for the respective job position;
(2) to be sent or seconded in Bulgaria under service agreement
What is the competent authority?
National Employment Agency
What documents are needed?
- Standard application form (SEE HERE)
- Diploma or other educational document, legalized and translated
- Work experience documents, legalized and translated
- Service agreement and Secondment agreement
- Documents from the employing company – certificate of good standing, declarations, market test results, etc.
We at Work in Bulgaria can assist you with preparation of all documents including their translation and legalization as per the official requirements, as well as representation before the competent authorities.
How long does it take?
The executive director of the National Employment Agency takes a decision within 30 days from the documents’ submission.