What is EU Blue Card?
The EU Blue Card scheme is providing the opportunity for highly qualified non-EU induviduals to work and reside in Bulgaria for the maximum period of 36 months (3 years).
Who can obtain EU Blue Card?
In order to meet the EU Blue Card conditions for highly qualification you need to have:
(1) diploma or other educational document certifying at least 3-years of tuition in an educational establishment in your country recognised as college or university;
(2) professional experience for the respective job position;
(3) employment agreement for at least 1 year term where agreemented salary should be at least 1.5 times higher than the average salary in Bulgaria as per the statistical data for the previous 12 months.
What are the perks of having EU Blue Card?
- EU Blue Card gives you the longest period of employment in Bulgaria (up to 3 years)
- It is the least time consuming procedure when it comes for statutory terms for consideration and collection of documents needed
- Your family can come and reside with you for the term of your expat employment (for Family Gathering procedure SEE HERE)
- You can start working for another Bulgarian company with the approval of the Bulgarian Employment Agency
- If the job is in the IT sector of business you can obtain EU Blue Card even faster because your future Bulgarian employer does not need to make Market test (for more info, please contact US)
What is the competent authority?
- National Employment Agency
- Migration Directorate
What documents are needed?
- Standard application form (SEE HERE)
- Diploma or other educational document, proving university/college degree, legalized and translated
- Work experience documents, legalized and translated
- Employment agreement with Bulgarian company
- Documents from the employing company – certificate of good standing, declarations, market test results, etc.
We at Work in Bulgaria can assist you with preparation of all documents including their translation and legalization as per the official requirements, as well as representation before the competent authorities.
How long does it take?
The executive director of the National Employment Agency takes a decision within 15 days from the documents sibmission.